Shopify has recently unveiled its Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2019 Financial Results, and once again the figures are quite amazing!At ShopiShopa Consulting, here are the figures we found the most impressive:
- Total revenue for the full year 2019 was $1.578 billion, a 47% increase over 2018. Within this, Subscription Solutions revenue grew 38% to $642.2 million, while Merchant Solutions revenue grew 54% to $935.9 million.
- Purchases from merchants’ stores coming from mobile devices versus desktop accounts for 80% of traffic and 68% of orders for the three months ended December 31, 2019, versus 78% and 66%, respectively, for the fourth quarter of 2018.
By year end 2019, 29% of Shopify merchants were based outside its core geographies, compared with 24% in these largely non-English-speaking markets in 2018.
The Shopify Flywheel works at full force! More merchants; more Gross Merchandise Volume; more Channels, Partners and Capabilities.This Flywheel is based on strong business and organizational pilars :
- Multichannel platform with ever growing opportunities,
- Powerful success-based business model,
- Data advantage based on tens of billions of interactions,
- Vast partner ecosystem,
- World-class simple yet scalable product,
- Mission-and-product-driven team.
For more information on how ShopiShopa Consulting can help your organization take advantage of the Shopify Flywheel, fell free to contact us.